Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HMM....

My boy Matthew has been clamoring me about helping him build a "fixed gear" or single speed bicycle. I've always had a passion for cycling and bikes in genereal but was still ignorant about fixed gear riding. In NYC, I witness these super fast riding guys on road bikes with no gears. So i finnally got around to converting his dad's old fuji road bike into a single speed with the help of Jason who works at his LBS. After doing so I found myself researching the culture that is fixed gear riding. May i say, the shit is awesome. I rode Matthews fixed gear a couple times and it's completely different from riding a typical Bmx ot Mtb bike. It's insane. So after weeks of reading and watching, I decided to build a fixie of my own. I found a descent looking bicycle on craiglist for $100. I don't want to spend too much money being that this is only my second conversion. I would say I'm pretty inexperinced. I'm going to keep track of my fixie building progress. Here is the bike I will be purchasing this week.